Search This Blog

Welcome to the NZ Art Guild blog - here you will find the news updates, links to members art, information about art exhibitions and events, art challenge winners etc.

For full information about the NZ Art Guild, its services and to become a member go to NZ Art Guild

Thursday 29 September 2011

New Books from NZ Art Guild Member Leo Cappel


Hi everyone,


It's finally happened, the books are on the market.

When Karen's mother, the Holocaust survivor and writer-in-exile, Elisabeth Augustin, passed away, she left us a vast number of manuscripts. Manuscripts of her novels and radio plays, and also of many hundreds of poems, both published and still unpublished ones. I really love her work, and to my surprise, she liked mine too. Soooo:

As a Holocaust survivor myself I felt privileged being able to translate some 80 of her poems from the original German and Dutch into English. I selected poems from her entire career, from her first published poem at age 18, to work she wrote when she was 96. A 'tri-lingual biographically oriented compilation: 'languageland'.

Unfortunately the publisher who was interested in publishing it had gone bankrupt in the meantime, so I have had the work printed by a commercial printer and will do the marketing myself.

I also gave in to pressure from family and friends to write my memoirs 'Like a Guardian'.

Because of the large number of colour illustrations 'Like a Guardian' is too expensive to have printed commercially, so I print and bind it myself, glued and sewn.

Both books are now available at $45 per (signed) copy, inclusive postage within NZ.

With greetings from both of us,

Leo and Karen



For more details contact Leo at:
Ph:  09 435 3461
Email: leo.cappel@xtra.co.nz
Web: http://www.nzartguild.co.nz/leocappel

No comments: